It’s official! The first release candidate for BackupBuddy 3.0 (RC-1) is now available to all current BackupBuddy customers.
BackupBuddy 3.0 (a.k.a “Project Badger”) includes some incredible new features. You’ll definitely want to check them all out—especially the all-new “Magic Migration” feature (and see if you can top our current office record of a 62-second site migration).
This release candidate follows a thorough beta period of testing, but it’s always possible that we’ve missed something. We’re asking that you follow these steps for testing and leaving feedback:
- After logging into the iThemes Member Panel, scroll to the bottom of your list of subscription files. You’ll see “Project Badger – BackupBuddy 3 RC-1″ has been added to the list. Click that link to download the release candidate (zip).
- IMPORTANT: DO NOT TEST THIS SOFTWARE ON LIVE SITES. Feel free to test away on development environments or test sites.
- We’ve created a forum specifically for BackupBuddy 3.0 feedback for you to share information about your testing experience. Please note anything that works differently than expected or was confusing.
- We’ll be pushing out automatic updates as we make adjustments from your feedback, so check back periodically to update “Project Badger” from your WordPress dashboard.
- The deadline for BackupBuddy 3.0 beta feedback is Monday, June 11th @ 5pm CDT.
Again, we appreciate your feedback for BackupBuddy 3.0 Release Candidate (RC-1) and look forward to the official release of BackupBuddy 3.0 to the general public very soon.