I’m letting the cat out of the bag today …
We’ve been quietly (ok, secretly) working for the last couple of months on building our own remote storage destination for BackupBuddy and I’m finally excited to be able to talk about it publicly now!
We’re VERY CLOSE to rolling it out … and like all development I can’t pinpoint exactly how close but now we’re a couple of weeks out from rolling out our very own online backup storage place.
Here’s why we’ve been working on this and will be offering it to BackupBuddy community:
People simply want an EASY, CONVENIENT and AFFORDABLE way to put their backups safely offsite.
And sadly, we’re worried people aren’t backing up their sites offsite somewhere because it’s either too complicated for them to do so, or they get tripped up in the process.
And although we offer several popular remote destination integrations with BackupBuddy, here are some of the hangups we’ve found our customers have had with them:
- DropBox has issues (like their API and storage limits) that we’re still wrestling with … and it’s not the ideal place for WP backups but good for database only ones
- Amazon S3 is a GREAT CHEAP solution … but the login and setup is wonky and confusing. You can’t find cheaper online and offsite storage, but the initial setup trips people up.
- Storing locally is not ideal. If it’s on your site, what happens when your site crashes?
- And yes, you could FTP it to another server, but what happens if it goes down or is compromised?
Frankly, it’s time we helped SIMPLIFY the process of storing offsite backups for our customers.
So we started exploring how we could offer something similar.
We’re calling it BackupBuddy Stash.
And here are some of the initial details I can share with you:
- One simple login – We want people to simply be able to log in with their iThemes membership and not only get upgrades to BackupBuddy but also immediate integration with BackupBuddy Stash.
- Free plan for all users – We’ll offer a small free plan to all current BackupBuddy customers so you can get your initial sites backed up, safely offsite. It’s that important to us!
- Paid upgrades for more space – We’re figuring out pricing currently for those who want more space, but the idea is to offer affordable plans for more storage.
By the way, we haven’t even released BackupBuddy Stash yet and we’re already dreaming up some cool ideas for it in the future.
So get ready … BackupBuddy Stash is coming soon!
Our mission is to make people’s lives awesome. We do that by helping to improve your lives through our software through each release, each new product, each new offering and through our phenomenal support team.
So go get BackupBuddy today if you haven’t!