Enabling Responsive Billboard Images
1. After updating to Billboard 2.0, expand the DisplayBuddy menu from the WordPress dashboard navigation menu and click the Billboard page.
2. From the Billboard Groups (Add New) page, you’ll now see the “Enable Responsive Images” option.
Displaying Billboard on Your Site
With the Billboard 2.0 update, Billboard can be now displayed on your site 1) in widget areas or 2) in posts or pages via shortcodes.
In Widget Areas
1. To add Billboard to widget areas, visit Appearance > Widgets. You’ll see Billboard listed in your Available Widgets list. Drag the Billboard bar to the Widget area on the right. From there, you’ll be able to select your Billboard group from the drop-down list.
*New* In Posts or Pages via Shortcode
1. To add Billboard to post or page content areas, you’ll need to grab the Billboard group’s shortcode. You’ll now find the shortcode information listed on the Billboard Getting Started page located in the DisplayBuddy menu on the left-hand navigation menu of the WordPress dashboard.
Here’s an overview of the Billboard shortcode attributes:
[it-billboard group="0" title="Title" max='all' entry_order="ordered" new_window="yes"]
- group – This allows you to chose which Billboard group to display with the shortcode. The group id can be found on the settings page.
- title – This attribute allows you to place a title above the Billboard group. If you wish to not have a title then do not include this attribute in the shortcode.
- max – With the max attribute, you can choose how many images you want to show in the Billboard group. You can enter a number between 1-20 or use “all” for showing all images in the group.
- entry_order – This attribute allows to control what order the images will be shown on page load. You can use “ordered”, “alphabetical”, or “random”.
- new_window – This will enable the option for image links to be opened in a new window.
2. Now, grab your Billboard Group ID from the list in the Billboard Group (Add New) page.
3. Edit the page or post where you want to display the Carousel and paste the shortcode into the content area.