In just over a week, iThemes Exchange, our new ecommerce plugin, has over 2,000 downloads and we’re starting to get some great questions, requests and reviews of it.
If you haven’t taken it for a spin, you can download Exchange here.
But I wanted to take a moment and answer one key question we’ve gotten: Where is Exchange headed?
Our goal for Exchange is to offer the complete ecommerce enchilada! That allows you to sell digital products (available in v.1), memberships, services and physical products.
We rolled out version 1 with digital products, like ebooks, music and templates, but we’ve had specific requests for memberships and physical products and are eager to get those into the wild SOON!
Thus the biggest features we are currently at work on:
- Physical Products – including flat rate shipping, basic taxes, VAT (for EU) and product variants
- Memberships / Subscriptions – including recurring payments, content protection, member management and drip content.
I’m hopeful to be able to share those new features in the coming months. So stay tuned!
We’re also working on other great features and add-ons to help you sell your stuff online like:
- Themes – I’m so stoked for the themes from just our team in the works for you including iThemes Builder specifics ones and a free theme based on the upcoming 2013 theme, among others. And we’re working with other theme developers to roll out even more design options for you.
- MailChimp Add-On (coming this week) – to hook your MailChimp account with your store to email customers updates, offers and other news.
- More Payment Gateways – We started with PayPal Standard (free) and Stripe (paid) … but we know you want more. So please take a moment and vote on your preferred payment gateway here.
Shape Where Exchanges Goes
Because Exchange is a brand-new project, you can be a part of shaping where it goes while growing with it!
So we need to hear from you.