Adding Videos to the Groups
Once you have created a group then you will be able to add videos to that group. To add videos to a group you can click the "Add Videos" link that is next to the name of the group. There are two different forms for adding videos. The first form can be used for adding a YouTube or Vimeo video, and the second form can be used to add a stand alone video (ex: mp4, flv, and mov).
Adding a YouTube or Vimeo video
This form only requires a title and a video page URL.
Example of what to put in the "video URL" are outlined in red in the images below (be sure to use the long URL in the browser's address bar, not the shortened URL below the video in YouTube):
Since the videos are stored on YouTube and Vimeo those sites already have images for those videos that VideoShowcase retrieves from those sites and uploads them to your WordPress media library. If you decide that you don't like the image that is retrieved from YouTube or Vimeo then you can edit the video entry and upload or select an image from your media library.
Adding a Stand Alone video
This form is used for adding videos that stored in stand alone locations (ex: Amazon S3, Rackspace). Here is a list of the required information for adding a stand alone video:
- Video Title
- Video File URL - VideoShowcase can only play mp4, flv, and mov files so it is important to make sure that the video files are in the correct format (ex:http://mysite..com/videos/anyvideo.mp4).
- Select or upload an image - Upload an image or select an image from your media library.
Adding Thumbnails to Videos
You can add thumbnails to both Stand Alone videos and externally hosted videos.
- For Stand Alone videos:
- Select and upload an image when you're adding your video under the "Add Stand Alone Video" option
- For YouTube and Vimeo videos:
- Add the video
- Edit the video by clicking "Edit Video" link in front of the video
- Click the "Custom Image" button.
Related forum posts: