|Line 49:||Line 49:|
Revision as of 10:36, July 14, 2011
- Servers sometimes overloaded causing browsing sites hosted on them to take a very long time to load or time out.
- Problems reported with sites above 450mb (with zip compression on; off increases limit).
On the boards, a few people have complained about BackupBuddy timing out during backup. To resolve this, support recommends editing your php.ini file to change max execution time to 600.
- Extremely slow.
- No cPanel (uses custom system)
- No native command-line zip. BackupBuddy will enter the slower, less reliable compatibility mode.
- Problems reported with sites above 22mb (with zip compression on; off increases limit) due to slow processing.
- Can create a custom php.ini to extend PHP timeout to increase BackupBuddy run-time.
- File Manager (allows for manual unzipping): https://webftp.dreamhost.com/
- Custom control panel. Some changes take up to hours to take effect.
- Slow site load times on some servers.
- Some servers overloaded not leaving processing power for backups.
- System actively kills any PHP process working too hard or too long (ie backups).
- Fast. Command-line zip available for best BackupBuddy experience.
- Top technical support.
- Recently changed PHP runtime limit cap to 30 seconds for shared hosting.
- Possible work-around: http://ithemes.com/forum/index.php?/topic/5519-hostgator-timeout-fix-available/
- Only causes issues with large sites ( ~1GB or more )
- Slow page loads.
- Problems reported with sites above 85mb (with zip compression on; off increases limit).
Told a customer that they don't support linux command line zip.
- Currently fails path/directory detection preventing backups.
- We are working with Rackspace to try and get this issue resolved.