BackupBuddy: Local Development
SUPPORT DISCLAIMER: As running a local development environment is in fact running a server, you — the user — are expected to have an understanding of how a server is configured and operated and that iThemes cannot be expected to diagnose and fix server issues in the same way that we would not diagnose and fix commercial host server issues. These development environment have their own support offerings and they should be used.
Windows ZIP.exe & UNZIP.exe files: http://pluginbuddy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/backupbuddy_windows_unzip.zip
XAMPP for Windows: http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html
- To modify your php.ini file please see the Mamp documentation. Recommended changes can be see under the Mamp Pro section below.
- To modify your php.ini file, select File -> Edit Template -> PHP -> PHP (version) ini
- See the below defaults and the recommended changes below.
Mamp php.ini defaults
max_execution_time = 30 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds max_input_time = 60 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data memory_limit = 32M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB) magic_quotes_gpc = On
Mamp php.ini recommendations
max_execution_time = 60 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds max_input_time = 60 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data memory_limit = 256M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB) magic_quotes_gpc = Off
- Jumpstarting Your WordPress Development Process with BackupBuddy
- Using BackupBuddy to Develop a WordPress Site on Your Own Computer
- Specifications: Server Configuration & Minimum Requirements
- Host Compatibility
- Quick Setup
- Local Development