BackupBuddy: Manual Migration
Restoring/Migrating Using a Database Backup
You need 3 things for using a database backup to restore or migrate your site:
- database backup
- all of your site files from the site you are trying to copy
1. (Assuming you have already created database backup) Download the database backup you want to use, and importbuddy.php.
2. Now use FTP, SSH, or your hosts control panel to copy/move all of the site files from the site you wish to restore/migrate.
3. Move/upload the Database backup, importbuddy.php, and all of your site files to the directory where you want your site to take place.
4. Navigate to importbuddy.php in your browser and run through the import process as normal.