BackupBuddy: Quick Setup
The BackupBuddy Quick Setup page is designed to help you get started with BackupBuddy by walking through four important settings. After installing BackupBuddy, the Quick Setup page will appear.
1. Enter your e-mail address to get backup and error notifications
This email address will receive email notifications for errors. You can further customize BackupBuddy Email Notifications by visiting the Email Notifications section of the General BackupBuddy Settings page.
2. Create a password for restoring or migrating your backups
This is the required password for running the ImportBuddy import/migration script. This password prevents unauthorized access when using this tool. We strongly recommend using a different password than your WordPress login password.
This password can also be configured in the General section of the BackupBuddy General Settings page.
3. Where do you want to send your backups (scheduled or manually sent)?
From the drop-down list, select the location for backup files to be stored:
- Local Only (no remote destination)
- BackupBuddy Stash (recommended)
- Amazon S3
- Local Directory
To manage BackupBuddy remote destinations, visit the Remote Destinations page in the BackupBuddy Menu.
4. How often do you want to back up your site?
Click Save & Make Your First Backup.