BackupBuddy: Release Notes
2013-06-10 - Dustin Bolton
- ENHANCEMENT:Various user interface and layout improvements for usability and simplification.
- ENHANCEMENT:Re-organized Settings page.
- FEATURE: Backup profiles.
- ENHANCEMENT:Streamlined & simplified Restore / Migrate page.
- FEATURE: View text-based files within backup archives. Hover over backups on the Backups or Restore / Migrate page for additional options.
- FEATURE: Restore files from backup archives. Easily "roll back" files.
- FEATURE: ImportBuddy: Backup meta information now viewable from Step 1 by clicking the 'View Meta' button next to each backup listed.
- FEATURE: New setting to be notified if no new backups have occured in X number of days.
- FEATURE: Error Notification email "Test" link added for verifying email-sending functionality properly works on your server.
- FEATURE: Ability to delete local backup after manually sending to a remote destination.
- FEATURE: Ability to customize the "from" email address for any email notifications sent by BackupBuddy.
- ENHANCEMENT: ImportBuddy: Improved readability & look of database test results. Improved testing to help catch database permissions problems.
- ENHANCEMENT: View database exclusions based on profile on Server Information page.
- ENHANCEMENT: View file exclusions based on profile on Server Information page.
- FEATURE: Built-in tutorial/tour added to many pages for additional help in BOTH BackupBuddy AND ImportBuddy.
- Integrity check details now lists tables broken out in step details.
- Cleaned up integrity check data structure to be more extendable in future.
- Fixed framework not handling custom savepoint in item-specific names.
- Now tracking last backup finish time in data structure in addition to existing start time.
- Fixed housekeeping cron job not being runnable.
- ABSPATH now listed on Server Information page URLs and Paths section.
- Fixed Windows paths causing "Download" link not to show on backups page.
- Replacing colons in remote path when storing to Stash. (users with custom ports in URLs encountered error)
- Re-organized Settings page.
- Backup Statistics moved from backup listing to the Details section available by hovering a backup and selecting "View Details" under the "Status" column.
- Recent backups Status Details now shows common window shared with backups list.
- File options no longer deleted due to merely old age. Only removed when corresponding backup is removed.
- Fixed database mass replace changing tabs whenever beginning.
- ImportBuddy: Added additional checking on Step 3 controller to verify DAT contents still exist in data structure. This detects an interupted restore process (ie restarting importbuddy in a new tab wiping out DAT array).
- ImportBuddy: Database test now verifies table creation ability to insure permissions are valid. Also deletes temporarily created table.
- ImportBuddy: Database test now verified prefix is in proper format. Format: XXXXX_ where X's are alphanumeric and prefix ends in an underscore.
- ImportBuddy: Database test interface results improved & UI cleaned up.
- Replaced jQuery live() calls with on() due to deprecation.
- Fixed scheduled send notification email erroring if fileoptions locked. Now ignores lock and uses read-only mode.
- New data structure version: 6.
- Fixed zip system hanging on symbolic links in some cases / configurations.
- Settings page prompts to save if user navigates away from page or tab after making an unsaved change.
- Additional information now stored in backup meta data such as profile details.
- Backup buttons on "Backups" page now list all profiles available for starting a manual backup.
- Cleaned up & made permissions errors consistent when unable to create any directories.
- Activation error messages no longer display unexpected error output.
- Fatal directory error messages no longer show on non-BackupBuddy pages.
- Fatal directory errors now block the ability for a backup to begin.
- Anti directory browsing verification now only runs on BackupBuddy pages on frontend and only on scheduled cron runs on backend for better performance.
- ENHANCEMENT:Loopback connection error now provides server response in textarea within error box to indicate server response and details.
- ENHANCEMENT: BackupBuddy temp / storage directories now added to Paths & Permissions section of Server Information page for troubleshooting permissions issues.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added user and group IDs to Permissions section of Server Information page.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added PHP process username, UID, and GUID to Server Information page.
- Server Information page file count updating fixed.
- Removed all embedded videos from Remote Destination pages to avoid JS conflicts / issues.
- Misc bug fixes.
- Misc UI cleanup.
- Misc wording updates.
2013-06-10 - Dustin Bolton
- Fixed error downloading backup ZIP file on Windows servers.
2013-06-11 - Dustin Bolton
- Fixed directory exclusions not being migrated to v4.0.
2013-06-12 - Dustin Bolton
- verify_directories() error in some cases during backup.
- PHP SSH2, SFTP Support indicatation added to Server Info page for informational purposes on its availability across hosts.
2013-06-14 - Dustin Bolton
- Updated German translations.
- Fixed a PHP 5.4 strict warning in _pluginbuddy.php
- Full release of 22.214.171.124-126.96.36.199.
- Recommended update if running 4.0.0 through 188.8.131.52.
2013-06-17 - Dustin Bolton Fixed undefined index on profiles editing page under some circumstances.
2013-06-18 - Dustin Bolton Fixed error when attempting to display/log Stash response error to user.
2013-06-19 - Dustin Bolton Added warning if user attempts to exclude a WordPress core table on Settings page or in a profile. ImportBuddy: Database test no longer blocks proceeding if database values are invalid when both skipping import AND skipping migration are enabled (Warning only). ImportBuddy: Database test no longer blocks proceeding if WordPress already exists AND set to skip import (Warning only).