BackupBuddy Remote Destinations: Dropbox
Dropbox.com is a popular online storage provider offering 2 GB of free storage. Premium upgrades are available. BackupBuddy estimates you will be able to transfer backups up to 96 MB with your current memory limit of 256 MB. Additionally, Dropbox limits API uploads to 150MB max. For more information, visit https://www.dropbox.com/.
Adding Amazon S3 as a Remote Destination
- Once on the Remote Destinations page, click the +Add New button to add your Dropbox destination.
- In the Add New Destination window, add the following information:
- Destination name - Name of the new destination to create. This is for your convenience only.
- AWS access key - [Example: BSEGHGSDEUOXSQOPGSBE] - Log in to your Amazon S3 AWS Account and navigate to Account: Access Credentials: Security Credentials
- AWS secret key - [Example: GHOIDDWE56SDSAZXMOPR] - Log in to your Amazon S3 AWS Account and navigate to Account: Access Credentials: Security Credentials.
- Bucket name - [Example: wordpress_backups] - This bucket will be created for you automatically if it does not already exist. Bucket names must be globally unique amongst all Amazon S3 users.
- Directory - [Example: backupbuddy] - Directory name to place the backup within.
- Archive limit - [Example: 5] - Enter 0 for no limit. This is the maximum number of archives to be stored in this specific destination. If this limit is met the oldest backups will be deleted.
- Encrypt connection - [Default: enabled] - When enabled, all transfers will be encrypted with SSL encryption. Please note that encryption introduces overhead and may slow down the transfer. If Amazon S3 sends are failing try disabling this feature to speed up the process. Note that 32-bit servers cannot encrypt transfers of 2GB or larger with SSL, causing large file transfers to fail.
- Once you've entered all of your settings, you'll want to test your settings before adding the destination.
- Your new location will now show on the Remote Destinations page in BackupBuddy. If you need to change your settings, click the gear symbol to the right of the destination.
- BackupBuddy Stash
- Amazon S3
- Local Directory
- Recent Transfer Status