BackupBuddy Remote Destinations: Email
From IThemes Codex
Revision as of 15:21, August 12, 2013 by Kristen
With the Email Remote destination, you can send files as email attachments. Note: With most email servers, attachments are typically limited to about 10 MB in size, so only smaller backups can typically be sent this way.
Adding Email as a Remote Destination
- Once on the Remote Destinations page, click the +Add New button to add your Email destination.
- From the Add New Destination page, configure the following destination settings:
- Destination name - Name of the new destination to create. This is for your convenience only.
- Directory (optional) - [Example: backupbuddy or backupbuddy/mysite/ or myfiles/backups/mysite] - Directory (or subdirectory) name to place the backups within.
- Archive Limit - [Example: 5] - Enter 0 for no limit. This is the maximum number of archives to be stored in this specific destination. If this limit is met the oldest backups will be deleted.
- Once you've entered all of your settings, click the +Add Destination button.
- Your new location will now show on the Remote Destinations page in BackupBuddy. If you need to change your settings, click the gear symbol to the right of the destination.
- BackupBuddy Stash
- Amazon S3
- Local Directory
- Recent Transfer Status