BackupBuddy Remote Destinations: Rackspace
From IThemes Codex
Revision as of 15:38, August 13, 2013 by Kristen
BackupBuddy supports Rackspace Cloud Files as a remote destination for storing backup files. For more information, visit: http://www.rackspace.com/cloud/files/
Adding Rackspace as a Remote Destination
- Once on the Remote Destinations page, click the +Add New button to add Rackspace as a remote destination.
- From the Add New Destination page, configure the following destination settings:
- Destination name - Name of the new destination to create. This is for your convenience only.
- Username - [Example: badger] - Your Rackspace Cloudfiles username.
- API Key - [Example: 9032jk09jkdspo9sd32jds9swd039dwe] - Log in to your Rackspace Cloudfiles Account and navigate to Your Account: API Access
- Container - [Example: wordpress_backups] - This container will NOT be created for you automatically if it does not already exist. Please create it first.
- Archive limit - [Example: 5] - Enter 0 for no limit. This is the maximum number of archives to be stored in this specific destination. If this limit is met the oldest backups will be deleted.
- Cloud network - USA or UK
- Once you've entered all of your settings, Test Settings and click the +Add Destination button.
- Your new location will now show on the Remote Destinations page in BackupBuddy. If you need to change your settings, click the gear symbol to the right of the destination.
- BackupBuddy Stash
- Amazon S3
- Local Directory
- Recent Transfer Status