From IThemes Codex
Revision as of 08:49, August 12, 2013 by Kristen
BackupBuddy Stash is one of the remote locations you can create in BackupBuddy to store your backups offsite.
Configuring BackupBuddy Stash as a Remote Destination
- On the Remote Destinations page, click the +Add New button to add your Stash destination.
- You will see a list of available remote destinations, Stash being the first option. Click +Add New to create your Stash destination.
- Log in to your Stash account using your iThemes username and password.
- Once you've logged in, configure a few settings for your Stash destination.
- Destination a name - Name of new destination. This is for your convenience only.
- Database Backup Limit - [Example: 5] - Enter 0 for no limit. This is the maximum number of database backup archives to be stored in Stash. If this limit is met the oldest backup of this type will be deleted.
- Max Chunk Size - [Example: 5] - Enter 0 for no chunking; minimum of 5 if enabling. This is the maximum file size to send in one whole piece. Files larger than this will be transferred in pieces up to this file size one part at a time. This allows to transfer of larger files than you server may allow by breaking up the send process. Chunked files may be delayed if there is little site traffic to trigger them.
- Encrypt connection - [Default: enabled] - When enabled, all transfers will be encrypted with SSL encryption. Disabling this may aid in connection troubles but results in lessened security. Note: Once your files arrive on our server they are encrypted using AES256 encryption. They are automatically decrypted upon download as needed.
- Manage all files options - When enabled, you have access to manage and view all files stored in your Stash account. You will be prompted for your password to access backups for sites other than this one. If disabled the option is entirely removed for added security. For example, you may wish to disable this feature if a client has access and you want to keep them away from your files. This option can not be changed without deleting and re-creating the Stash destination for added security.
- Once you've finished editing your settings, you can then test the settings and then add the destination. Stash will now show in your Existing Destinations.
- If you ever need to change your Stash settings, click the gear symbol to the right of the destination and your options will be available for edit.
- BackupBuddy Stash
- Amazon S3
- Local Directory
- Recent Transfer Status