|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 19:55, October 11, 2011
Billboard provides a way to easily upload and display linkable images in a random or defined order on your site.
The first step in adding Billboard to your site is to create a group to store images in. The link to Billboard in the WordPress admin area is in the DisplayBuddy section of the menu. When you click the Billboard link it will direct you to the area where you can create a group. The information requested to create a group is a name for that group, select a method for resizing the images in that group, width, and height. After you have created a group it will be added to a table that lists all of the existing groups and lists information about them.
After you have created a group for the images then you can select group from the groups table and click the "Add Entries" link to add images to that group. When you add an image the following information will be requested:
- Description - The description will be used as the alt tag when it is displayed on your site.
- Link URL - The URL of where you would like the images to link to.
- Image - Here you will select and image from your computer and Billboard will use one of it's methods to resize it to the group width and height that you have set.
- Priority - If random is turned on and only specific amount of images from your Billboard group will be displayed you can set a priority on which images are more likely to be shown.
- Require Link URL - This allows you to set whether a link will be required in order for you to add images.
Displaying Billboard on your site
Billboard can be displayed in widget areas on your site. Navigate to the Widgets area under Appearance in the WordPress Admin area. Drag the Billboard widget into the widget area that you would like for it to display in and fill out the widget form to configure that instance of Billboard just the way you want it.
Multiple images are showing in a widget area but I just want one.
- In the Widget panel settings change 'Maximum number to show' to 1. Example Screenshot
Extra Customizations Policies
Different color, border and image for each Billboard hover
While this is an external customization, it is easy to do. There are many online places with a lot of detailed info on how to accomplish this.
- Related links: