Designed with authors in mind, the latest child theme for iThemes Builder will showcase your work perfectly.
How to set up homepage to look like demo site
1. Create Pages. This will help in setting up nav bar since Pages will be listed in the next step.
2. Go to Appearance -> Menus. Create a menu named say
Main having your desired items (Pages, Categories, custom links etc).
3. Create a layout named say,
Home. Width = 960px.
Add modules in this order:
Select the menu created earlier in Navigation Type dropdown.
Widget Bar 1
Widget Bar 2
Widget Bar 3
4. Create a Page named say,
Home and select
Home layout for this in the
Custom Layout meta box. This page can be left blank.
5. Go to Settings -> Reading. Set
Home as the Front page.
6. Visit your site's homepage and you should see the basic structure similar to that of demo site. Hover on Builder in the top WordPress bar and click on
Manage Widgets for this Layout. Add your desired widgets in the sidebars.