Builder Blocks: Audio
Builder Audio Block adds an Audio custom post type for easily adding albums and music to display on your site with a "built-in" audio player, a way to display albums or discographies, support for music downloads/purchases with Easy Digital Downloads, plus a list of upcoming shows (with Builder Events Block).
Builder Audio Block works with any Builder child theme, but Builder Child Child - Noise is designed to work specifically with the Builder Audio Block.
- Download the Builder Audio Block plugin from iThemes Member Panel.
- From the WordPress dashboard, navigate to Plugins > Add New.
- Install and Activate the builder-block-audio zip file.
Once Builder Audio Block has been installed, you'll notice a new menu has been added to the left-hand navigation of your WordPress dashboard:
- Audio - Adds audio with a title (name), multiple MP3 or OGG file uploads, iTunes Link, shortcode, featured image and an option to "Show All."
Builder Audio Block creates a custom post type for Audio displayed in an audio or album "archive" visible on the Noise demo site.
The Audio Menu
From the WordPress dashboard, the Audio' menu expands to reveal several pages:
- All Audio - A listing of all audio "posts"
- Add New - The "Add New Audio" page
- Settings - Find Shortcode, Widget and set to show/hide Audio File instructions
Adding New Audio
To add a new audio item, click Add New.
Add the Audio title (name), upload multiple MP3 or OGG files, add an iTunes Link, shortcode, featured image and an option to "Show All."
Press Publish. Your new audio item will now be visible on the site from the URL located beneath the Audio Title.
The Settings Page in the Events menu allows you to add your Eventbrite API, choose the post type name and name plural, permalink structure, list or calendar view defaults, display order and custom notification messages.