Builder Blocks: Audio
Builder Audio Block adds an Audio custom post type for easily adding albums and music to display on your site with a "built-in" audio player, a way to display albums or discographies, support for music downloads/purchases with Easy Digital Downloads, plus a list of upcoming shows (with Builder Events Block).
Builder Audio Block works with any Builder child theme, but Builder Child Child - Noise is designed to work specifically with the Builder Audio Block.
- Download the Builder Audio Block plugin from iThemes Member Panel.
- From the WordPress dashboard, navigate to Plugins > Add New.
- Install and Activate the builder-block-audio zip file.
Once Builder Audio Block has been installed, you'll notice a new menu has been added to the left-hand navigation of your WordPress dashboard:
- Audio - Adds audio with a title (name), multiple MP3 or OGG file uploads, iTunes Link, shortcode, featured image and an option to "Show All."
Builder Audio Block creates a custom post type for Audio displayed in an audio or album "archive" visible on the Noise demo site.
The Audio Menu
From the WordPress dashboard, the Audio' menu expands to reveal several pages:
- All Audio - A listing of all audio "posts"
- Add New - The "Add New Audio" page
- Settings - Find Shortcode, Widget and set to show/hide Audio File instructions
Adding New Audio
To add a new audio item, click Add New.
Add the Audio title (name), upload multiple MP3 or OGG files, add an iTunes Link, shortcode, featured image and an option to "Show All."
Adding a New Audio Item
In order to ensure that the audio player works across all browsers, Builder Audio Block requires that you upload either MP3 and OGG formats of your audio. If you do not have an audio converter, we recommend using this free online tool: http://media.io/
Audio files will be uploaded to the WordPress media library. Once you've uploaded your tracks, they'll be visible there. Check the file to be added and click Select.
You'll now see the track has been added to the Audio playlist.
Continue adding tracks, add a featured image (such as album artwork), and press Publish. Your new audio item will now be visible on the site from the URL located beneath the Audio Title.
The Settings Page in the Audio menu provides info for using the Audio Block Shortcode and Widget. It also allows you to show/hide Audio File Instructions.