Builder Blocks: Church
Builder Church Block adds Sermons and Staff post types for easily adding content to your church web site.
Related Child Themes
Builder Child Child - City Church and Builder Child - Gallery Church are designed to work specifically with the Builder Church Block by providing styling for staff and sermon archives, each Builder child theme fully integrates with all Builder Church Block features.
- Download the Builder Church Block plugin from iThemes Member Panel.
- From the WordPress dashboard, navigate to Plugins > Add New.
- Install and Activate the builder-block-church zip file.
Once Builder Church Block has been installed, you'll notice two new menus have been added to the left-hand navigation of your WordPress dashboard:
- Staff - Adds staff members with a title (name), text, staff info (email address, Twitter Username, Facebook URL), featured image and a staff position type
- Sermons - Add sermons with a title, text, sermon audio file, featured image, sermon category and sermon tags
Builder Church Block creates a custom post type for Staff displayed in a staff "archive" visible on the City Church demo site.
The Staff Menu
From the WordPress dashboard, the Staff menu expands to reveal several pages:
- All Staff - A listing of all staff "posts"
- Add New - The "Add New Staff " page
- 'Staff Positions - A listing of staff position types, including by default Music Director, Senior Pastor and Youth Pastor
Adding a New Staff
To add a new staff member, click Add New. Add the staff member title (name), a description, staff info (email address, Twitter Username, Facebook URL), featured image and a staff position type.
Press Publish. Your new staff member will now be visible on the site from the URL located beneath the Staff Title.
The Staff Positions page in the Staff Menu lists available staff position taxonomies that can be applied to staff. Default staff positions include Music Director, Senior Pastor and Youth Pastor. You can customize the staff position taxonomies by adding new positions or removing the defaults.
Builder Church Block creates a custom post type for Sermons displayed in a sermon "archive" visible on the City Church Demo Site.
The Sermons Menu
The Sermons menu expands to reveal several pages:
- All Sermons - A listing of all sermon "posts"
- Add New - The "Add New Sermon" page
- Sermon Categories - A listing of sermon categories
- Sermon Tags - A listing of sermon tags
Adding a New Sermon
To add a new location, click Add New. Add the sermon title, text, featured image, sermon audio file and apply sermon categories and tags
Press Publish. Your new sermon will now be visible on the site from the URL located beneath the sermon title.
The Sermon Categories page lists available sermon categories.
The Sermon Tags page lists available sermon tags.
- How to add manual excerpt support for Staff entries
- How to add Custom Fields support for Sermon entries
- How to add regular Category support for Sermon entries
- How to assign a layout to Staff and Sermon archive pages
- How to assign a layout to a specific category term archive page
- How to assign a layout to Sermon Tag archive page
- How to display Staff entries on a custom Page
- How to replace social media text links in single Staff entry pages with images
- Support Forum for Builder Block Restaurant
- Builder Church Block Now Compatible with All Builder Child Themes
- Builder Blocks: Introduction
- Video Overview
- Builder Restaurant Block
- Builder Church Block
- Builder Events Block
- Builder Audio Block