Builder Blocks: Events
Builder Events Block adds event management tools to your site by providing custom post types for Events and Venues. Builder Events Block also features integration with Gravity Forms (for event registration) and Eventbrite.
Builder Events Block works with any Builder child theme, but Builder Child Child - Noise is designed to work specifically with the Builder Events Block.
- Download the Builder Events Block plugin from iThemes Member Panel.
- From the WordPress dashboard, navigate to Plugins > Add New.
- Install and Activate the builder-block-events zip file.
Once Builder Events Block has been installed, you'll notice two new menus have been added to the left-hand navigation of your WordPress dashboard:
- Events - Adds events with a title (name), text, location map, notifications (to display "postponed" or "canceled", date picker, featured image, plus Gravity Forms and Eventbrite integrations.
- Venues - Add venues with a title and location map. Note: Venues are not viewable by the public. After publishing venues, you can select to use it under the Location meta box when adding or editing an event.
Builder Events Block creates a custom post type for Events displayed in an event "archive" visible on the Noise demo site. This event listing is available in both a list or calendar view.
The Events Menu
From the WordPress dashboard, the Events' menu expands to reveal several pages:
- All Events - A listing of all events "posts"
- Add New - The "Add New Event" page
- Start Here - A quick-start guide for adding events
- Settings - Add your Eventbrite API, choose the post type name and name plural, permalink structure, list or calendar view defaults, display order and custom notification messages
Adding a New Event
To add a new event, click Add New.
Add the event title (name), a description, location address, date and featured image.
Press Publish. Your new event will now be visible on the site from the URL located beneath the Staff Title.
The Settings Page in the Events menu allows you to add your Eventbrite API, choose the post type name and name plural, permalink structure, list or calendar view defaults, display order and custom notification messages.
Builder Block Events requires an Eventbrite API Key and your personal API User Key in order use use Eventbrite widgets on your events.
- Eventbrite API Key - Create your API key from your Eventbrite account here: https://www.eventbrite.com/api/key
- Eventbrite API User Key - Grab your your API User Key here: https://www.eventbrite.com/login?referrer=/userkeyapi
Post type name and name plural
If you want to change the name and plural name of your the post type, you can do so in this section. Changing the post type name and plural name will also change the menu title in the left side of the WordPress dashboard navigation. To see these changes, click Save Changes, then refresh the page and you'll see the new menu title.
You can change the permalink structure for events in this section. Updating the permalink slug will change the URL for the event archive and individual event "posts."
List or Calendar View
Builder Church Block creates a custom post type for Venues. Venues are not viewable by the public. After publishing venues, you can select to use it under the Location meta box when adding or editing an event.
Adding a New Venue
The Settings page in the Venues menu allows you to customize the venue post type name and name plural.
Post type name and name plural
Changing the post type name and name plural will change the Venues menu in the WordPress dashboard to your custom post type name.