Builder Blocks: Restaurant
Builder Restaurant Block adds a number of features to your Builder site that turn it into an easy-to-use restaurant site.
- Download the Restaurant Block plugin from iThemes Member Panel.
- From the WordPress dashboard, navigate to Plugins > Add New.
- Install and Activate the builder-block-restaurant zip file.
Once Builder Restaurant Block has been installed, you'll notice two new menus have been added to the left-hand navigation of your WordPress dashboard:
- Menu Items - Add menu items with a title, text, price, featured image and apply a course type or allergy
- Locations - Add restaurant location(s) with a title, text, address (and map), featured image, features, cuisines, hours and contact details.
Builder Restaurant Block creates a custom post type for menu items displayed in a "menu" archive visible on the Entreé Demo Site.
The Menu Items Menu
The Menu Items menu expands to reveal several pages:
- All Menu Items - A listing of all menu "posts"
- Add New - The "Add New Menu Item" page
- Courses - A "category" listing of course types, including by default appetizers, desserts, drinks, entrees, salads, sides and soups. You can also add custom course categories.
- Allergies - A "category" listing of allergy types, including by default dairy, eggs, peanuts, rice, seafood, shellfish, soy, tree nuts and wheat. You can also add custom course categories.
Adding a New Menu Item
To add a new menu item, click Add New. Add the menu item title, a description, price (using the "$"), a featured image and apply course and allergy tags.
The Courses page in the Menu Items Menu lists available course taxonomies that can be applied to menu items. Default courses include appetizers, desserts, drinks, entrees, salads, sides and soups.
You can customize the courses by adding new allergies or removing the defaults.
The Allergies page lists available allergy taxonomies that can be applied to menu items. Default allergies include dairy, eggs, peanuts, rice, seafood, shellfish, soy, tree nuts and wheat. You can also add custom course categories.
You can customize the allergy categories by adding new allergies or removing the defaults.
Applying the Menu Item Listing Page Template
Add a new page for Menu (or any page title) and select the Menu Item Listing template in the Page Attributes section.
Applying this page template will render the styled archive view of all menu items on that page.
- Setting up the menu listing page and course archive pages like the Builder Child-Entree demo
- Enabling commenting in single location entry pages
- Displaying Course description on Course Term archive pages