Builder Child Themes: Installation
We highly recommended using a Builder child theme as the active theme and not Builder Theme - Core. This protects theme customizations from being erased during Builder version updates.
Step 1: Install Builder Theme - Core
Form more information, visit the Instaling_Builder:Installing Builder page.
- Download a child theme of your choice from the iThemes Member Panel. In the steps below, Builder Child Theme - Default is merely used as an example. You are free to use any child theme (that appears in the Member Panel) of your choice.
- Go to Appearance > Themes. Click on Install Themes, then Upload. Browse to the folder where you have downloaded BuilderChild-Default.zip (or whichever child theme you have chosen), select it and click Install Now.
- Activate your child theme.
Check Available and Current Theme Configuration
Once you've installed Builder Theme - Core and your child theme, make sure the child theme is the Current theme and Builder Theme - Core is listed as an Available theme.
Advanced Installation Notes
- Ensure that there are no spaces in the name of your child theme's directory. For example, BuilderChild-Default is fine, but not Builder Child - Default
- Contents of the theme must be directly inside the theme's directory and not nested i.e., inside another directory. This applies both to Builder and Builder's child theme.
See also: Builder Child Themes
- Video Overview
- Child Theme-Specific Documentation