Builder Extensions: Customizations
An Extension is a directory which typically contains a functions.php file, a style.css file and a corresponding images directory. The default Extensions reside in extensions directory under the Builder Theme - Core directory. If you would like to make any changes to the extension files, copy the extension directory from Builder into the child theme under a directory named extensions.
- It is not possible to override the parent or child theme's template files like index.php, archive.php, single.php, page.php. If any such files are present in an extension, they will simply be ignored.
- When an extension has functions.php, it will be executed (for the page using that extension) after the theme's functions.php has been executed.
- How to Apply an Extension to a Custom Post Type Archive page in iThemes Builder (Forum topic)
- Video Overview
- Featured Image Grid & Showcase
- Featured Image Slider
- Magazine Layout
- Portfolio Layout
- Teasers Layout - Image Left
- Teasers Layout - Image Right
- Applying Extensions