Builder Extensions: Introduction
Builder's Extensions extend or override the structure and/or style of a Buider Child Theme by providing additional code that can change the content, add additional features or modify the styling of the Layout. Extensions are applied to either a Layout or a View.
Builder's Default Extensions
Builder ships with 6 Extensions designed for displaying a listing of entries like a posts page, Category page or an archive, including:
- Featured Image Grid & Showcase – Displays the featured image in a grid layout with colorbox popup
- Featured Image Slider – Displays the featured image and post title of first 6 posts in a custom slider and the featured image, post title and excerpt for the remaining posts
- Magazine Layout – Displays the featured image, post title and content excerpt in a grid layout
- Portfolio Layout – Displays the featured image and post title in a grid layout
- Teasers Layout – Image Left – Displays the featured image (floating left), post title, post meta and excerpt as teasers
- Teasers Layout – Image Right – Displays the featured image (floating right), post title, post meta and excerpt as teasers.
An Extension is a directory which typically contains a functions.php file, a style.css file and a corresponding images directory.
- It is not possible to override the parent or child theme's template files like index.php, archive.php, single.php, page.php. If any such files are present in an extension, they will simply be ignored.
- When an extension has functions.php, it will be executed (for the page using that extension) after the theme's functions.php has been executed.
- How to Apply an Extension to a Custom Post Type Archive page in iThemes Builder (Forum topic)
- Video Overview
- Featured Image Grid & Showcase
- Featured Image Slider
- Magazine Layout
- Portfolio Layout
- Teasers Layout - Image Left
- Teasers Layout - Image Right
- Applying Extensions