Builder Layouts: Introduction
Layouts are at the heart of how Builder gives you more control over your site. The goal is to allow you to create a site structure that meet your needs and the needs of your site rather than forcing you to structure your site to fit the mold of a specific theme.
Layouts are composed of the arrangement of page elements, or Modules. Each page on a Builder site can have its own unique Layout structure and arrangement of Modules.
The Layouts Tab
From the WordPress Dashboard, visit My Theme > Layouts and Views. This page gives a listing of available Layouts (either the default Layouts included in a new Builder installation) or custom Layouts.
From the Builder Layouts tab, you can view a list of available Layouts with columns for:
- Description - This is the name of the Layout assigned during the creating process.
- Default Layout - The Default Layout will be noted in this column with "Yes." The Default Layout is used for all Views that don't have a specific View set.
- Width - The width of the Layout in pixels
- Extension - This column will display if an Extension is used for the Layout.
- Hide Widget Areas - This column will display if the Layout's widget areas are hidden. Widgets can be hidden from the Layout Editor to make management of widget areas easier.
- Pages - The number of pages using the Layout
- Posts - The number of posts using the Layout
- Views - The number of Views using the Layout