Builder Style Manager: Introduction
The Builder Style Manager - BETA is a plugin for iThemes Builder that provides an easy-to-use interface to adjust basic styling of various site elements. Style Manger generates the CSS code and gives a preview of changes in real time to easily assign colors, change fonts, add borders or change spacing specifications for various site components.
Styling options available in Style Manager include:
- Site Background - modify the main site background with a background color, image, attachement, repeat and positioning
- Site Font - Modify the base font on the site by choosing the font family, size and color. These settings can be overrriden for specific areas by using the options offered in other sections.
- Links -
- Headings -
- Container -
- Post/Page Content Styling -
- Comments Styling -
- Basic Module Styling -
- Module Sidebars -
- Header Module -
- Content Module -
- Navigation Module -
- Image Module -
- Widget Bar Module -
- HTML Module -
- Footer Module -
Style Manager Formats: Responsive vs. Non-Responsive
Style Manager supports two different formats: a format for the newer, responsive-ready child themes and a format for the older, non-responsive child themes. These formats are not compatible with one another, meaning that you will only have access to the Styles that are usable by your current child theme.
If you are running a responsive-ready child theme, a notice will appear after installing Style Manager with a list of Styles created in this format. Any Styles in the other format still exist and can still be used if you switch back to a non-responsive child theme.
- Download the Builder Style Manager - Beta plugin from iThemes Member Panel.
- From the WordPress dashboard, navigate to Plugins > Add New.
- Install and Activate the builder-style-manager zip file.
Once Builder Audio Block has been installed, you'll notice a new menu item has been added to the My Theme left-hand navigation of your WordPress dashboard for Style Manager.
Creating a New Style
To create a new style, click Create Style from the Styles page.
The Style Editor
The Style Editor page will appear.