Creating a Builder Layout
To create a Layout, expand the Builder menu in the WordPress dashboard and click Layouts and Views. From here, click the Create Layout button.
The Add New Layout Page
Here, you'll see the Add New Layout Page.
The first section of the page is for Layout Settings.
- Name - The name helps identify this Layout's widget areas. Choose a short, descriptive name.
- Width - The width determines how wide the Layout is (in pixels). You can either select from the built-in presets or use a custom width. Typically, a wider width is for more complex layouts that have multiple sidebars while a more narrow width is for more minimalistic layouts, such as those that don't include sidebars
- Extension - Extension can provide additional code that changes the content, provides additional features or modifies the styling of the Layout.
- Hide Widget Areas - Use this option to the widget areas in this Layout from the Appearance > Widgets page.
- Styles - Once Styles have been created with Builder’s Style Manager, these Styles will populate this dropdown list.
The Design area of the Add New Layout Page is where you assemble your Layout using Builder Modules. Each Module represents a different part of a Layout, such the header, navigation, content area and footer.
Step 1: Click Add Module.
To start building a layout, click Add Module. You'll see the Select a module to add to the layout box.
- Customize the settings of the Module.
Video: Creating Builder Layouts
- Video Overview
- Creating a Builder Layout
- Applying Layouts to Specific Posts/Pages