Exchange Product Types: Memberships
The Membership Add-on requires version 1.4 or higher of Exchange.
Creating Membership Products
If you are installing Exchange for the first time as you install the Membership Add-on, you'll be able to select Membership as one of your product types during the Quick Setup.
If you are adding the Membership Add-on to an existing Exchange site, after you've installed and activated the Membership Add-on plugin, the product type should already be enabled. If you need to enable it (or disable it) for any reason, you'll go to Exchange > Add-ons and click the Disabled button to the right of the Membership add-on.
Once the add-on has been enabled, you will see the Add Membership option in the Exchange menu.
Creating a Membership product in Exchange is the same as creating any other product.
You'll start by giving your Membership product a title and set a price.
With Membership, you can create a Recurring Payment so that your customer is automatically charged monthly or yearly for their Membership.
Then you'll give your Membership product a basic description and you can set images for the product as well.
Next, you can create Content Access rules and add download files for your customers.
Last, you have the Advanced Options for your Membership product.
To access the Membership add-on settings, go to Exchange > Add-ons and click the gear symbol to the right of the Membership add-on.
In the settings, you can edit your Restricted Content Message and your Delayed Content Message.
The Restricted Content Message is the note the customer will see when they try to access restricted content.
The Delayed Content Message shows the member when the restricted content will become available to them.
The Content Access section allows you to restrict access to specific content on your site.
You'll see your Content Access options beneath the Product Description, above your Download Files.
To add a new rule, you'll start by clicking the Add New Rule button. Your first option is Type.
Your Type options include:
- Post Types
There may also be additional options depending on the theme you are using (such as Widget Content with Builder themes) and plugins.
Once you've selected your Type, you'll next select the Content you want restricted.
In the example above, the Post option was selected for the Type. So in the Content option, all posts are listed for you to select from.
Your last option is the Delay Access option (also known as Drip Content). This allows you to determine when the content will be made available to the customers who have purchased that Membership.
You can delay access to the content by
You can create numerous rules to restrict your content.
Adding the shortcode [it-exchange-membership-included-content] to the extended description of a product allows you to list the content included with a membership. There are different arguments that you can add to your shortcode.
- product_id - This is the current product id. Note: We do not recommend changing this.
- before - In the "before" argument, you can add HTML that you'd like to have show before each content item listed. Note: "Before" argument must be added when using the Text view in the Extended Description.
- after - In the "after" argument, you can add HTML that you'd like to have show after each content item listed. Note: "After" argument must be added when using the Text view in the Extended Description.
- title - The "title" argument allows you to display a title before the list of content.
- toggle - This option allows you to make grouped content (ex: items within a specified category) to be toggled instead of all items listed. This option is "on" by default.
- posts_per_grouping - This allows you to limit the number of items shown for each taxonomy included in a membership.
- show_drip - This shows drip content available in the membership listed. This option is "on" by default.
- show_drip_time - This option shows when the drip content will become available. This option is "on" by default.
"before" Shortcode Argument:
[it-exchange-membership-included-content before='<h4>"Before" Code</h4>']
"after" Shortcode Argument:
[it-exchange-membership-included-content after='<h4>"After" Code</h4>']
"title" Shortcode Argument:
[it-exchange-membership-included-content title='Gold Level Membership Content']
"toggle" Shortcode Argument:
"posts_per_grouping" Shortcode Argument:
"show_drip" Shortcode Argument:
"show_drip_time" Shortcode Argument: