How to Install Builder
- Download the latest Builder zip file (Builder Theme - Core) from the member panel.
- Log in to your WordPress admin area. Go to Appearance > Themes. Click on Install Themes, then Upload. Select the Builder.zip and click Install Now. Note: there is no need to activate Builder Core.
- While it is not compulsory, it is highly recommended to use a child theme of Builder as the active theme and not Builder directly. The idea behind this is to protect theme customizations from being erased during Builder upgrades.
- Download a child theme of your choice, say, Builder Child Theme - Default from the members area. In the steps below, "Builder Child Theme - Default" is merely used as an example. You are free to use any child theme (that appears in the Member Panel) of your choice.
- Note: If you would like to start with one of the pre-designed child themes as your theme, download and use the corresponding theme from the member panel. The Child Themes page lists all the Builder child themes that are available.
- Go to Appearance -> Themes. Click on Install Themes, then on Upload. Browse to the folder where you have downloaded BuilderChild-Default.zip (or whichever child theme you have chosen), select it and click Install Now.
- Activate your child theme.
Now your Builder is set up in such a way that changes to the theme can be made without worrying about upgrades overwriting changed files.
- Ensure that there are no spaces in the name of your child theme's directory. For example, BuilderChild-Default is fine, but not Builder Child - Default
- Contents of the theme must be directly inside the theme's directory and not nested i.e., inside another directory. This applies both to Builder and Builder's child theme.
Go to My Theme -> Start Here and watch videos covering Builder overview, Layouts & Modules and Child themes.