Step 1: Install Builder Theme Core
- Download the latest Builder zip file (Builder Theme - Core) after logging in to the iThemes Member Panel.
- Log in to the WordPress admin area of your site. From there, go to Appearance > Themes. Click Install Themes, then Upload. Select the Builder.zip and click Install Now. Note: there is no need to activate Builder Core.
Note: Builder Theme - Core should be listed in Available themes
Step 2: Install Your Builder Child Theme
We highly recommended using a Builder child theme as the active theme and not Builder Core. This protects theme customizations from being erased during Builder version updates.
- Download a child theme of your choice like Builder Child Theme - Default from the iThemes Member Panel. In the steps below, "Builder Child Theme - Default" is merely used as an example. You are free to use any child theme (that appears in the Member Panel) of your choice.
- Go to Appearance > Themes'. Click on Install Themes, then Upload. Browse to the folder where you have downloaded BuilderChild-Default.zip (or whichever child theme you have chosen), select it and click Install Now.
- Activate your child theme.
Now your Builder is set up in such a way that changes to the theme can be made without worrying about upgrades overwriting changed files.
Advanced Installation Notes
- Ensure that there are no spaces in the name of your child theme's directory. For example, BuilderChild-Default is fine, but not Builder Child - Default
- Contents of the theme must be directly inside the theme's directory and not nested i.e., inside another directory. This applies both to Builder and Builder's child theme.
Downloading iThemes Builder
Installing iThemes Builder
Installing iThemes Builder Child Themes
Getting Started with Builder
- Updating Builder
- Release Notes
- Plugins that Conflict with Builder
- Support Forum