Step 1: Install Builder Theme Core
- Download the latest Builder zip file (Builder Theme - Core) after logging in to the iThemes Member Panel.
- Log in to the WordPress admin area of your site. From there, go to Appearance > Themes. Click Install Themes, then Upload. Select the Builder.zip and click Install Now. Note: there is no need to activate Builder Core.
Step 2: Install Your Builder Child Theme
We highly recommended using a Builder child theme as the active theme and not Builder Core. This protects theme customizations from being erased during Builder version updates.
- Download a child theme of your choice like Builder Child Theme - Default from the iThemes Member Panel. In the steps below, "Builder Child Theme - Default" is merely used as an example. You are free to use any child theme (that appears in the Member Panel) of your choice.
- Go to Appearance > Themes'. Click on Install Themes, then Upload. Browse to the folder where you have downloaded BuilderChild-Default.zip (or whichever child theme you have chosen), select it and click Install Now.
- Activate your child theme.
Now your Builder is set up in such a way that changes to the theme can be made without worrying about upgrades overwriting changed files.
Available and Active Theme
Once you've installed Builder Theme - Core and your child theme, make sure the child theme is the 'Active theme and Builder Theme - Core is listed as an Available theme.
Downloading iThemes Builder
Installing iThemes Builder
Installing iThemes Builder Child Themes
Getting Started with Builder
- Updating Builder
- Release Notes
- Plugins that Conflict with Builder
- Support Forum