Welcome to the PluginBuddy Knowledge Base - Tutorials, Technical Information, Debugging Information, and more.
Free Plugins (active)
Free Plugins (inactive)
Frequently Asked (Plugin) Questions
License Manager Tutorial and Information
PHP Development & Advanced
While any extra customization of any PluginBuddy Plugin is beyond the scope of the official support, we do from time to time offer different tips and tutorials on editing the awesome PluginBuddy plugins to better fit your individual needs. All such edits are, however, beyond what is officially supported and provided in the actual plugin admin panel and officially stated features on the individual plugin pages. No official support is provided nor guaranteed in, before, during, after or related to anything resulting from any such edits/customizations.
No support is provided on any of these extra customizations. Any of the steps mentioned in any of these extra custom edits may change at any time depending on newer versions of the plugins being released. Any use or customization of anything, beyond what is provided by default inside the plugin admin menu, means you are proceeding at your own risk and that you accept 100% responsibility and liability for everything you change or modify in any manner in the plugin. Your purchase and use of any PluginBuddy plugin implies and shows that you are buying and using PluginBuddy plugin(s) the way it(they) came in their original unmodified form, with no exceptions.
- Make a backup of your entire site with BackupBuddy before making any edits!
- PluginBuddy only supports the official unedited, unmodified versions of all PluginBuddy plugins.
- Use a good text editor to make any file changes. Again, maintain backups!
- Any changes you make to files WILL MOST PROBABLY be lost when the plugin is upgraded to any newer version.
- You are 100% responsible and liable for anything resulting from any of these changes.
- No support is provided nor guaranteed on any of these extra changes in any form or shape, whatsoever, regardless of who suggested these custom edits or suggestions.
- Whether a PluginBuddy staff or representative offered or suggested the edit/customization, another customer or anyone else, PluginBuddy does not officially support nor provide any official support on any such edits.
- We cannot guarantee providing any support on any edits or customization tips we provide.
- Absolutely no support is guaranteed in any manner on any of our free plugins, whether or not there is any customization/edit involved.
External Plugins Compatibility
PluginBuddy does not promise, guarantee or provide support for any compatibility with any external plugin. If any PluginBuddy Plugin works without any problems when used with any external plugin in question, that means the PluginBuddy Plugin is most probably working without any issues overall. PluginBuddy is not responsible for making PluginBuddy plugins work in any manner, whether custom, fully, fixed or other, with any external non-PluginBuddy plugins. PluginBuddy is also not responsible for providing any support whatsoever for any external plugin, whether or not such an external plugin is used along with any PluginBuddy plugin.
Free plugins are provided as is. There is no guaranteed support that comes with them. Guaranteed support is limited only and mainly for our premium unmodified plugins.
September, 2011 Licensing Issues
This issue is now resolved and the update already out. Upgrade manually to the latest versions of the plugins and such issues will go away.
Some users reported (in mid-September, 2011) that they were having issues with their license inside the Licenses area of different PluginBuddy plugins, including BackupBuddy.
Remember: All your PluginBuddy plugins, including BackupBuddy, will CONTINUE WORKING PERFECTLY even with these licensing issues. You can keep using the plugins exactly how you want them even during these licensing issues. Your plugins are NOT affected by this licensing situation in any manner.
Your membership is also completely fine and you have NOT lost any license(s). The issue is happening to some customers who simply need to upgrade manually to the latest version of their plugin, if the automatic upgrade does not work.
- Plugins with the update versions which remove this issue completely
- BackupBuddy version 2.2.20
- You can upgrade via one of the following:
- Automatically upgrade to the latest version
- Manually update by downloading the latest zip version of your PluginBuddy plugin from your Member's panel and then
- Overwrite your existing plugin directory via FTP with the new files.
- De-activate the existing plugin, delete it via your WordPress --> Plugins area and then upload the newly downloaded zip file. Then re-activate the plugin.
- That will remove the issue completely.