- 1 PHP Error messages
- 2 Featured Images
PHP Error messages
Error message : Out of memory (allocated 14680064) (tried to allocate 4864 bytes) (values may differ)
- Cause: the message refers to a PHP error, and indicates that the memory limit size in the php configuration is too low.
- Solution: Increase the php memory limit. If you can't do this, you should contact your hosting provider and ask them to increase the memory limit. They will know what it's about.
Error message : Call to undefined function function_name()
- Cause: WordPress, the theme, or a plugin tries to execute a function that does not exist.
- Solution: Depending on where the error occurs (in a WordPress function, a Theme function or a Plugin function) update WordPress, the theme or the plugin to the latest version.
Images do not show up anymore, typically (but not necessarilty!) after upgrading WordPress
- Cause: the value for the uploads location in the WordPress settings has become corrupted, and typically shows a long value such as
- Solution: Make sure that the value for your "uploads folder" is as recommended: wp-content/uploads.
- In WordPress 3+, find this value in wp-dashboard > Settings > Media
- In older WordPress versions, look in wp-dashboard > Settings > Miscellaneous