(Created - →Customize VidEmbed: section and added "Change Default width and height in VidEmbed settings in Post/Page Editor" sub-section)
|Line 55:||Line 55:|
* Controlbar font color
* Controlbar font color
* Frame color
* Frame color
Revision as of 22:37, September 12, 2011
Vidembed adds a way to quickly and easily add videos to pages, posts, and widget areas. This plugin allows you to embed videos for both self-hosted videos as well as YouTube and Vimeo.
Add a video a post and page
When the VidEmbed plugin is activated on your site it adds a shortcode button to the posts and page editors.
If you want to embed a video to a post or page all you have to do is click that button and a popup form will ask for all of the information needed to embed that video.
Here is a list of the different form fields and the details for what each field is asking for.
- YouTube and Vimeo - Find the video on YouTube or Vimeo copy the URL from the address bar at the top of your browser.
- Stand alone (ex. mp4,flv, mov) - Write the path to the video on S3 or another stand alone location (example: http://mysite.com/videos/video.mp4).
Video Title - This is an optional field that will place a title wrapped in h4 tags above the video.
Video Caption - This is an optional field that will place a caption wrapped in p tags below the video.
Video Width - Set the width of the video.
Video Height - Set the height of the video.
Autoplay - If this setting is checked then the video will automatically begin playing when the page is loaded.
Add a video to a widget area
Navigate to the Widgets area under Appearance in the WordPress Admin area. Drag the VidEmbed widget into the widget area that you would like for it to display in and fill out the form with the information for the video that you would like to embed. A description of information that should be added to the form fields is provided in the adding a video to a post or page section above.
The settings section of VidEmbed will allow you to easily style the different players used in this plugin. There are 3 Different players that are used in VidEmbed with different options:
- Primary border color
- Secondary border and controlbar color
- Add border around player
- Hide related videos
- Player color
- Show in video intro
Open source player
- Theme color
- Controlbar font color
- Frame color
While any extra customization of any PluginBuddy Plugin is beyond the scope of the official support, here are some tips to get you started in customizing different aspects of VidEmbed outside of what the VidEmbed admin controls allow you to do. No support is provided on any of these extra customizations. Any of the steps mentioned in any of these extra custom edits may change at any time depending on newer versions of the plugins being released. Any use or customization of anything, beyond what is provided by default inside the plugin admin menu, means you are proceeding at your own risk and that you accept 100% responsibility for everything you change or modify in any manner in the plugin. Your purchase and use of any PluginBuddy plugin implies and shows that you are buying and using PluginBuddy plugin(s) the way it(they) came in their original unmodified form.
- Make a backup of your entire site with BackupBuddy before proceeding!
- Use a good text editor to make any file changes. Again, maintain backups!
- Remember: any changes you make to files WILL MOST PROBABLY be lost when the plugin is upgraded to any newer version.
- You are 100% responsible and liable for anything resulting from any of these changes.
- No support is provided on any of these extra changes in any form or shape, whatsoever.
Change Default width and height in VidEmbed settings in Post/Page Editor
When you use VidEmbed in any Post or Page Editor, the VidEmbed menu auto-suggests the default values of 480 for width and 385 for height. This can be changed by editing the admin.php file:
- Make BackupBuddy backups before making any edits.
- Remember: any changes you make here WILL be lost once you upgrade the plugin to any newer version.
- Use a good text editor to make these changes.
- Edit the admin.php file in the plugins/vidembed/class folder.
- Edit line 147 to change the value 480 to anything else you wish. This will change the default width.
- Edit line 151 to change the value 385 to anything else you wish. This will change the default height.
- Save the file on the server.