Exchange FAQs: How Do I Edit My Template Files
When making customizations to your Exchange template files, you do not want to directly edit the files as your changes will be overwritten when you update Exchange.
Instead, you'll copy the file you're wanting to customize and then make your changes. Then, in your theme, you'll create a new directory where you'll upload your customized file.
The directory that you create will depend on the file that you are editing. In each of the template files, you will find the directory path you need to create.
So, if you are editing the base-price.php file, the full path would look something this:
- Do I Have to Use an iThemes Theme with Exchange
- How Do I Change State to Province in the Billing and Shipping Address Forms
- How Do I Change Where the User Redirects to After Logging Out
- How Do I Create a Custom Product Category Page
- How Do I Create Custom Styles for Exchange
- How Do I Edit My Template Files
- How Do I Resolve a Theme Conflict
- How Do I Setup My Store Page/Display My Products
- How Do I Show the Product Featured Image on Archive/Category Pages
- Troubleshooting the PayPal Add-ons
- Tutorials - Short video tutorials to help you become an Exchange expert.
- Get Basic Help - Get free help on some basics of Exchange.
- Get Premium Support - Get premium and priority support for Exchange.
Report & Request
- Report a Bug or Problem - Help us fix an issue that you have found in Exchange
- Request a Feature - Help us improve Exchange for everyone