FeaturedPosts Global Settings
From IThemes Codex
Here is a list of the settings and a description of what each one will effect.
- Content Category - If you are using a post type that has categories this will allow you to specify if you would only like content from a specific category to be displayed.
- Post Type - This setting allows you to choose a post type for Featured Posts from a list of the existing post types on your site.
- Number of posts - Select the number of posts that you would like to be displayed in Featured Posts.
- Number of words to show in excerpt - Featured Posts displays an except of each post and this setting allows you to set the maximum amount of words that it will display.
- Custom Read More link - Since this plugin is meant to show excerpts of the posts it also adds a read more link that will allow visitors to easily navigate to the full post. This option allows you to set what that custom read more link text is shown.
- Time between automatic transitions - Featured Posts automatically transitions through the posts that have been specified and this setting controls how much time there is between each automatic transition.
- Time after pause until autostart resumes - When Featured Posts is being displayed on the front end of your site it has different buttons and links that allow visitors to your site to manually control when transitions happen. This setting allow you to set how much time there is between when the visitor does and manual transition and when the Featured Posts will start automatically transitioning again.
- Slide speed - This setting controls how long the slide transition between each post will take.