Tips on How to Localize Any iThemes Plugin to Any Non-English Language
The following 9 tips can help you figure out how to approach translations, how to create translations, and how to send us the final translated file for any translation-capable iThemes plugin:
- 1 : Many of the iThemes plugins are internationalized, meaning they have the capability to be translated, via actual external translation files, by any non-iThemes-staff Awesome Translator Volunteer who wishes such plugins to be translated to their language.
- 2 : If an iThemes plugin is currently not internationalized or you're not sure if it is, you can ask us in the Support Forums and we'll let you know, or we'll have it included as a future translation feature request. After the translation capability is added to such a plugin, you can submit the actual translation file. Please remember though: we cannot help with creating, understanding or making any language translation files. Our Awesome Translator Volunteers do that voluntarily (you can too! keep on reading) and fully on their own.
- 3 : There are MANY resources which teach you how to create and work with WordPress language files. Following are the official 3 directly by the WordPress community:
- 4 : Translations are sent in from volunteers from all over the world. As a courtesy, we sometimes package the actual language translation files (provided directly by the Awesome Translator Volunteers) in with the final product. If some translation is not included in the actual plugin even when the plugin has the capability to be translated, you can submit the final translation to us for consideration in the next update by posting on our forums OR you can include the translation in your own live or local WordPress install directly for your own use. More info on how to include your own language specific file for your own WordPress sites is in the resources listed in #3 above.
- 5 : A translation included in with the final product does not guarantee the accuracy or quality of the translation. These files are from the Awesome Translator Volunteers, and correction of these files is also done by those Awesome Translator Volunteers.
- 6 : If a translation is very inaccurate or incomplete, we can put out a request for a new translation from the volunteer community, or remove the translation from the packaged and final product. You can also let us know of any inaccuracies in any existing translation files by the Awesome Volunteers by providing us with the corrected final files. Please remember: we only accept final and full translation files that you yourself have already created or packaged properly. If you let us know only of the actual inaccuracies without providing the final correct files, we cannot make such changes ourselves to the translation files.
- 7 : Unfortunately, iThemes cannot work on, help with, create, nor make any updates to any specific translation files you may have, or may be working on, or want to work on. Our Awesome Volunteers do that and simply give us the final files for inclusion or consideration.
- 8 : If you have corrections for any existing translation in form of final proper format translation files for an existing language, OR want to provide the final and proper translation files for a new language, please post a new thread in the appropriate product category in the iThemes Support Forums with the final translations files. If you have any support questions on how to create or make language specific translation files, or how translation files work, you can do so on the WordPress forums, as such support questions are outside the scope of what iThemes support guarantees with your iThemes membership.
- 9 : Any final translation file provided by you (or any other Awesome Volunteer) on the support forums will then be saved and filed as a future enhancement request for the future updates of the plugin(s) in question. In your support forum thread, where you share the final complete translation files you inclusion, you can upload your files directly to the forums OR upload them somewhere and link to them in your support forum thread. We will then download and save such files. Remember please: we cannot guarantee looking inside such files or verifying that they are correct in any manner (because of so many languages in the world and so many possible language files everywhere).
Thank you SO MUCH for being interested in providing translation files for our iThemes plugins. We hope you will become one of our Awesome Translator Volunteers, in addition to being our AWESOME CUSTOMER, and create/update any language-specific translation file package and provide it to us so that we can consider including it in future updates.