Jump to content


Replying to "buy Now" Button Not Responding.


Post Options

  or Cancel


Topic Summary

javimuz

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:56 PM

Hi Ronald, thank you.

I have followed your advice, implementing the recommendations of the fourth post of the url you provided me,  and the buy button now works!

Thank you very much again for your time and for the solution,

Javier

Ronald

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:25 PM

Hi,

looking at this page, there is a javascript error, and it is caused by the code minification. The fourth post in this topic suggests a solution: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/theme-atahualpa-367-bug-strips-space-after-some-punctuation

Basically, the minification function doesn't handle comments well, which messes up the code, since the actual javascript code is added in the same (minified) string of code, thereby changing that code into a comment as well.

Simplified example(!) code, demonstrating what happens.

The first line is a comment and the second line is code:

// this is a comment
var Foo = Bar;

minified (in your case), this is the result:

// this is a comment var Foo = Bar;

making the entire line (including the JS code) a comment.

Ronald

javimuz

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:31 PM

Hi Elise:

I will try to open another thread, as you have asked me. But I think it is not going to be easy for me because the problem I have is the same: the buy button is not responding.

I just added the other comments in my previous post in case they might help identify the problem.

Thanks again,
Xavier

Elise Alley

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:42 AM

Hi Javier,

Can you please start a new topic for this?  It is unrelated to the original topic and we try to keep one topic per thread.

We'll be happy to help you out on the new thread.

Thanks,

Elise

javimuz

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

Hi Elise and Ronald:

Not sure, but it's possible that the problem arose when I changed or tried to change the slug of any particular product in the ad subdomain.

The url with the problem: http://geacron.com/ad/product/simple-product-1/
In this url I only have one product but in my admin panel it seems to exist another two products that really don't exist. In fact I can't access to any of them.

The other url:  http://geacron.com/doc/product/simple-product/ (In this case titles were purposely minimized in general)-

Thank you very much,
Javier

Ronald

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:17 AM

Hi Javier,

all code is still minified, there may be a setting in your theme that activates this, as WordPress, by default, doesn't minify code. Also, currently, the page doesn't seem to show an Exchange product. Can you check that?

Re. using the same theme on other domains, are you using Exchange as well, and, can you add a link to such site, so we can compare and check for any differences,

let us know,
Ronald

javimuz

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:16 AM

Hi Elise,

I have deactivated all the plugins, as you have told me, and the problem continues exactly the same.

I am using the Atahualpa theme. And I am using this theme in other domains, with the same plugins, even others more, and i am not having that issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks again,
Javier

Elise Alley

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:01 PM

Hi Javier,

Try testing for a plugin conflict.  You can do this by deactivating all of your plugins except for Exchange and then see if it works correctly.  If it does, reactivate your other plugins one at a time, testing Exchange each time, to see which plugin is creating the conflict.  You can also test to see if it's a theme conflict by temporarily activating one of the WordPress default themes like, Twenty Fourteen.

Give that a try and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Elise

javimuz

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

Thanks Elise.


I see what you say, but I haven't done anything to minimize the code.

In fact I have loaded Exchange the same way in other very similar domain and I am not having that problem.

Now I have deactivated and deleted Exchange, and loaded and activated again, and the problem persists.

Thanks again,
Javier

Elise Alley

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:49 PM

Hi javimuz,

It looks like you've minified the code and that could be what's causing this issue.  If you view the source of your page, you'll see one huge line of CSS and HTML.  

Try un-minifying the code and see if that clears up the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Elise

Review the complete topic (launches new window)