Jump to content


Replying to Exchange Store Menu Item Disappears After Purchase


Post Options

  or Cancel


Topic Summary

acri

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:35 PM

I went back through ALL the plugins on the live site and deactivated everything i could from the network admin. Then, deactivated all the plugins on the site in question
Upon reactivating the plugins one at a time, (Exchange only) the store menu item issue still existed (not appearing after a purchase is made)
I can give you a copy of the multisite for you to install and test on at your leisure but we cannot get the store menu-item to resolve no matter what.
We also noticed that even on our test development site is is not completely resolved. (It shows up at the top but not in a sidebar menu.)

Elise Alley

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:31 PM

Hey acri,

When testing for a plugin conflict, we typically recommend you reactivate the other plugins one at a time instead of all at once.  So, unfortunately, in this case, we now know that there is a plugin creating the issue, we just don't know which one.  

Regrettably, there isn't a lot I can do.  It's something specific going on with your site.  Is there a time of low traffic on your site that you could do this?  For instance some time over night?  If it only took turning all your plugins off and back on again for it to work properly, it shouldn't take you more than about 5 minutes to accomplish.  You can use something like Google Analytics (if you're not already) to see when the best time to do this would be.

Without out knowing specifically which plugin needs to be deactivated and reactivated, that's the best suggestion I can offer.  That or seeing if you can duplicate it again on your test site, this time reactivating your plugins individually.

I wish I could be of more help.  Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

acri

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:28 PM

I network de-activated every plugin including exchange and turned them all back on in the network - all at once using the tick boxes.  Now the "store" menu item is appearing. Unfortunately I do not have the luxury of doing this process in the "live" site.

acri

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:49 PM

Everything is up to date - only active plugin is exchange, blog vault  and sucuri.  I did disable those 3 with no effect on the missing store menu.

wildambitions

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:55 AM

View Postacri, on 15 March 2014 - 09:47 PM, said:

I migrated the entire live site to a dev site to test.  I disabled all of the plugins one by one.  The "disappearing store" issue still exists. Builder is using the most current version. Any ideas?
So the only active plugin is the exchange plugin?

Also, even though the others are disabled, are they all up to date? And WP is also up to date?

acri

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:47 PM

Hi Elise,
I migrated the entire live site to a dev site to test.  I disabled all of the plugins one by one.  The "disappearing store" issue still exists. Builder is using the most current version. Any ideas?

acri

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:07 AM

Hi Elise any luck yet?

Elise Alley

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:42 PM

Hi acri,

This appears to be something specific to your site.  If you send me admin login credentials, I'll take a look at the backend.  This would be the best way for me to diagnose any issues.

You can send me the credentials by PM here on the forum or email them to me at elise@ithemes.com.  Be sure to include a link to this post so I know what the message is in regards to.

Thanks,

Elise

acri

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

Kerry explained everything correctly. Is there something to fix the issue?

wildambitions

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:37 PM

View PostElise Alley, on 03 March 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

As for the store page link, how did you add it to your navigation?  Did you create the custom link or select it from the available Exchange pages in the menu?  Any additional information you have would be helpful.


Elise,
It was added via select it from the available Exchange pages in the menu.

View PostElise Alley, on 03 March 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

You said, "I had to change things in the css to make exchange work."  Did you try removing your custom CSS to see if this is causing the issue?  CSS affects styling and shouldn't have any affect on functionality.  So, if you've made any other changes (not just CSS), try removing that as well to test to see if that is creating the issue.  

The menu item issue was separate from the CSS change added.

The only thing added to CSS was a display none to make the "you need to register or login to make a purchase" not display. That phrase had been showing up even though there was no "official" need to login to make a purchase. We added the CSS "to make it work" meaning in how Michele needs it to work for her visitors.

As far as the jumbled symbols in the email address field, it was an intermittent issue and I was not able to isolate.

Hope this helps to clarify a few things.

Review the complete topic (launches new window)