Replying to Several Exchange Configuration Questions
Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:25 AM
Assign WP Roles
by Iron Bound Designs
Assign WP roles when a product is purchased.
Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:00 PM
Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:33 AM
Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:04 PM
Downloadable products are great... but we are finding that many of our customers don't want to have the "responsibility" of having to manage their collection of downloaded video resources... especial since hard drives crash and most people are not very good at backing up their "libraries."
Providing customers with a 24-7 login option to their video collection is a BIG selling feature... as long as it user friendly for them to be able to find and access their content.
Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:08 PM
Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:28 PM
Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:41 PM
Hopefully I can help you get everything straight!
1. Can you please post this question in the Membership Forum? We're happy to help you out with this there.
2. I can replicate that issue as well, so I'll pass it along to the developers to look into.
3. This isn't an option in Exchange at this time. It has, however, been added as a feature request which you can vote for on the Exchange Roadmap.
4. This isn't a way to do this, but I'm actually talking to the developer about this currently. So it may change, but I can't promise that! There isn't a way to add a search option for Purchases. If you feel comfortable doing so, you are, of course, welcome to make any changes to suit your needs. If you have any other Membership related questions, I'd be happy to help you out, but please post in them in the Membership Forum.
5. With the bbPress Membership add-on, you can limit access of specific bbPress forums, topics and even comments to a specific membership group.
Let us know if you have any additional questions.
Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:24 AM
A few questions...
1) When I set up a membership product and then do a test purchase, the link in the customer account page goes to a slug ending in in /=product-title ... which 404's. How do I configure these membership pages to point to the Wordpress permalink slug?
2) In Exchange >> Settings I have selected "Use Exchange Registration Only" for Customer Registrations... but the customer registration and log-in still is still using the WP subscriber as a default. How do I get the Exchange login system to work? FYI: The " Anyone can register" box is NOT checked in the WP General Settings.
3) When a customer adds a product to their cart, but wants to continue shopping it appears they have to scroll back up to the main nav menu and go back to the Store that way. Is there a way to add a "Continue Shopping" button in the same proximity as the View Cart and the Checkout links?
4) I sell online video tutorials and will be setting up each product as an individual membership page, so customers can log in 24-7 to their library of content. Customers will pay a one-time fee for lifetime access to each of the membership tutorial products that they purchase. We currently have 70 Volumes and this number grow monthly. In other words there will be 70+ Membership products for sale. We have many customers that buy every volume we publish. From what I can tell, Exchange places a text navigation link for each membership product in the top navigation for each of the customer summary pages. That will mean a LOT of links for customers who own everything... which won't be very pretty. Is there a way to not have all the individual membership products listed as individual links, and then just have the customer be able to link to the membership page from the lists of products that show when they click on Purchases? Also, would it be possible to set up the purchases in a table so they can sort by date OR sort by title (which will start with the Volume number).
5) I have not yet set up bbPress yet... but will it be possible to have just one main forum set up with individual (login-protected) sections that correspond to each of my individual membership products. In other words if a customer has bought our Vol-035 membership product, then they will automatically have access to the Vol-035 section in the forum, as long as they are logged in of course.