Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Recaptcha doesn't work

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Aleksandar Veljkovic

Aleksandar Veljkovic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:34 PM

The recaptcha included with ContactBuddy doesn't seem to work - it suggests to correct the input error over and over again. To check if maybe there is a problem with my reCaptcha keys, I installed a standalone reCaptcha plugin and tried it on comments - it worked. With the extra reCaptcha plugin, ContactBuddy doesn't work - if reCaptcha inside ContactBuddy settings is enabled, it crashes the moment I open a page with ContactBuddy form. When internal reCaptcha disable, it crashes upon trying to dispatch the contact form.

I tried disabling all reCaptcha (both the internal in ContactBuddy, and the WP-reCaptcha plugin) and installing Si-Captcha - Si-Captcha workes fine everywhere, except with ContactBuddy; it simply doesn't recognize ContactBuddy as a valid form for checking. So, what's the solution? Should I give up on ContactBuddy and use some different contact form?

#2 skylermoore

skylermoore

• Members
  • Others: All Themes, BackupBuddy, All Plugins, DisplayBuddy, ThumbsUp
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:58 AM

Thank you for letting us know about that I will try and find a way for Contact buddy to work correctly with other recaptcha plugins enabled.

Could you please post a link to your site that contactbuddy is having issues on.

Please let us know if you have any other suggestions.

Edited by skylermoore, 20 December 2010 - 06:13 AM.

#3 Aleksandar Veljkovic

Aleksandar Veljkovic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:51 PM

The site is still in development phase so it's not freely accessible to public, but you can use *removed* to log on to view the pages. The page in question is http://www.freebiking.org/kontakt. I've turned reCaptcha back on in the ContactBuddy settings so you could test it yourself (it was turned off until now).

#4 skylermoore

skylermoore

• Members
  • Others: All Themes, BackupBuddy, All Plugins, DisplayBuddy, ThumbsUp
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:18 PM

It looks like you have made some customizations to contactbuddy, it looks really good.

I did notice that the recaptcha wasn't validating like you said above.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't be validating, a good place to start would be to check if you have tried using an unaltered version of contactbuddy to see if that will work correctly.

If that isn't the issue then you may want to try using contactbuddy on a public page.

Good luck, if those don't work then please let us know.