Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Builder theme customized with 7 different backgrounds

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 idesigns

idesigns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:21 PM

Kelly Whetston’s websitebrought a new challenge to the iDesigns team. Since we are always up for something new, we embraced the challenge and are very proud of the end result.

Kelly wanted each page of her site to be represented by one of the seven major chakras and their purpose. Providing us with the body image, it was up to us to take it to the next level in design by manipulating the image to emulate each chakra’s energetic body.

I hope you guys like it. It has a different header design for every chakra, so I really tried out the Style Manager and it worked like a charm with different backgrounds. :)

#2 sridhar

sridhar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 22,262 posts
  • LocationBangalore, India

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:23 AM

wow!

#3 Matt Danner

Matt Danner

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Themes
  • 273 posts
  • LocationiThemes World Headquarters

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:30 AM

That looks great Michael! Thanks for sharing.

-matt
Chief Operating Officer | Danger | Utility Player

#4 Sam Adams

Sam Adams

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:26 PM

Michael.

Congrats. What an awesome site. How long did it take you to create ?

Cheers,

#5 Carlos Braga

Carlos Braga

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:52 PM

Thats amazing! Designing sites is something new to me, and to see the potential of what can be done is exciting. It looks like I have a long way to go lol. Thanks for sharing

#6 idesigns

idesigns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:51 PM

Thanks for all the great comments. I am happy you guys like it so much. :)

@Sam: It took about a week to get approval on the 7 different headers. But once she approved those the rest was gravy. The style manager in IBuilder saved my butt on this one. lol

@Carlos: Thanks and I look forward to seeing some of your work on here. Keep learning and doing tutorials. We have been building a lot of really great designs using IBuilder with wordpress. :)

#7 qballweb2010

qballweb2010

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Builder, Webdesign
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:23 AM

As a newbie here, may I ask hwo you managed to;

a. make the content area transparent and

b. how you got the nav to display down the left side?

I have been looking through all the documentation here and have not fould a source for this.

Could you point me towards where that information is documented?

Cheers

Forrest

#8 idesigns

idesigns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:10 AM

@Andrew:

a. To make the content area transparent I just brought in a background and repeated it for that section. I gave my background a nice opacity on it. Then linked to the background in my css. I tink it was something like..

.builder-container-outer-wrapper {
background: url(images/container-bg.png) repeat-y;
width: 990px;
margin: 0 auto;
margin-top:650px;
border: none;
display: block;
}

Then I had this in the builder section too

.builder-module {
<span> </span>background: transparent;
<span> </span>margin-bottom: 1.5em;
}

I hope this helps a little. Its been a while since I have done this one. lol

B. On this at the time I did not find a nice plugin to accomplish a left flyout menu. So I just removed the menu section and downloaded a nice PHP/Html widget plugin. Then I added my menu html to the widget and added my menu css style to the style.css :)

Since then though I have found a plugin that could work, but I have not tested it yet so I dont want to recommend it yet. I hope this helps a little for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users