Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Is there a good introductory Tutorial?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Nate_*

Guest_Nate_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:08 AM

http://kochibeat.thewindbeat.com

That is the link to our site.

We have just installed the plugin, and trying to work our way around it. We are new to editing plugins, and finding it a bit difficult to get anything to work.

• We'd like to make the tabs horizontal (they are currently vertical)
  • We'd like to add a border around the selected tab and the box containing the content.
Those seem like very basic items to customize, but everything we've tried does nothing to help. I did look around for documentaion of this, but didn't have any luck.

If you know any documentation answering these concerns, or even if there is an introductory tutorial for customizing the look of the plugin, it would be very welcome! Thanks!

#2 skylermoore

skylermoore

• Members
  • Others: All Themes, BackupBuddy, All Plugins, DisplayBuddy, ThumbsUp
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:35 PM

It looks like your theme may be overriding the default tabber widget styles.

If you add the following style to the bottom of your theme's style.css file it will change the tabs to horizontal:

<p style="padding-left: 30px">ul.tabber-widget-tabs li {
clear: none !important;
}

To add a border around the selected tab you can add the following style to the bottom of your theme's style.css file:

<p style="padding-left: 30px">.tabber-widget-tabs a.selected {
border: 1px solid #000;
}

You will probably need to make some adjustments but that should work for getting you started.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Have a good day.

#3 Guest_Nate_*

Guest_Nate_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:58 PM

Thanks! Sorry I am just seeing your reply... I got the problem resolved, but these were great tips that would have helped me if I had seen them!

#4 skylermoore

skylermoore

• Members
  • Others: All Themes, BackupBuddy, All Plugins, DisplayBuddy, ThumbsUp
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:41 PM

I'm glad to hear that you found a solution to the issue.

Have a good day.

#5 Guest_Beat Schindler_*

Guest_Beat Schindler_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:31 PM

My Tabber widgets on one of my blogs display incorrectly.

In lieu of displaying horizontally the contents of each tab, it displays all the tabs' contents at once vertically . The only horizontal display that remains are the tabs themselves.

Adding this ...

ul.tabber-widget-tabs li {

clear: none !important;

}

... to the style.css didn't help.

It doesn't seem to be a style thing. The widget works fine on another 'identical' blog of mine.

Any known fix? I'd appreciate :-]]]

Cheers,

Beat

#6 sridhar

sridhar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:52 AM

@Beat

Can you please provide the URL of your site?