Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Builder Installation in Word Press

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 John G Heinrichs

John G Heinrichs

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 01:13 PM

Ok, I admit I am a novice to many of you here. I purchased Builder because I wanted to build different themes for me to experiment with in Word Press.  There are no installation instructions that I could find either on the iThemes site or in any file within the zipped Builder file.  So, I attempted to install it as an uploaded Plug-in.  This installation got kicked out because there was no "Header" in the plug-in.  I unzipped the file and found a php called "Header" so I do not know what I am doing wrong. WordPress is the latest 2.9.1.  Website is johnheinrichsarts.com
Email: jgheinrichs@gmail.com
I think more people would use this useful tool if there were some instructions somewhere on how to install it and use it.  Not everyone is a Computer Sciences graduate.
John Heinrichs

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,362 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 04:49 PM

Hi John,
The following links may be helpful.
How to install a WordPress Theme
Four Quick Steps to get started
In later versions of WordPress, from the WordPress dashboard > Appearance there is also an option to "Add new themes"
A WordPress theme is not a plugin, and should not be installed as one. That will indeed cause undesirable results.
Hope these help,Ronald
PS: and since your obviously in the post-sales stage, please post your Builder specific questions or issues in our Builder support forum. You will find a wealth of information from other users, and you can also find a sub-forum with tutorials

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 John G Heinrichs

John G Heinrichs

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:10 PM

I thought "Builder" is a Plug-in and not a theme.  I thought "Addington", "Coffee", "Dark", etc are themes and would be installed as themes. Am I wrong about this?  I will try installing as a theme and see where that gets me.

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,362 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:26 AM

Hi John,
Builder is indeed a theme, and should be installed as such.
For further theme specific questions and issues, and a wealth of information on Builder, please use the appropriate theme board.
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.