Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

UncorkedDenver.com in Flexx (thoughts about builder?)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SkiLady

SkiLady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Themes
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:23 PM

Uncorkeddenver.com

I have had this site in Flexx for a year and 1/2. I have not upgraded yet to the new Flexx with child themes. Trying to decide if I should attempt to move this to builder or if I should keep it in Flexx. I am interested in other webdesigners comments. I am not a coder. But I did create this one my own. Thanks

Edited by Stacey G, 16 January 2011 - 05:24 PM.

#2 bweaver

bweaver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:11 PM

Hey Stacey,

I'd say if you're in the mood for a project, then go for it. I've done a couple of builder conversions and would consider this one very do-able for a first attempt at a conversion. Do get ready to spend some time banging out the CSS especially if you're not used to either CSS or Builder. Ideally you would build the new theme locally. I wouldn't install and activate Builder THEN try to get it styled to match the old site because it may take you a couple of days. The Theme Test Drive plugin might also work. I've used it with some success.

However, if you don't plan on changing the framework that much Flexx should be more than adequate. That's why I said if you're in the mood for a project...

My $.02!

Brett
Personal Site: BrettWeaver.com| Biz Site: Real Estate Photography

#3 SkiLady

SkiLady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Themes
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:18 PM

Hi Brett, No...I like the framework....the thing is I have to update to the new version of Flexx and pay for it or move it to Builder with all the cool graphics I have from the uncorked theme in Flexx. Thanks for your feedback.

#4 bweaver

bweaver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:47 PM

You're welcome. Next question is do you plan on developing other sites for yourself or clients? ...nevermind I looked at your profile. Based on this: "I have a few websites to work on and maintain for a wine group and my mountain properties." I would say grab the Builder developer version and go ahead and learn to use it. It's even more Flexxible than Flexx :) so you'd be covered for future changes or new designs. I have two or three client sites on other themes and I plan on porting them to Builder when they're due for an update. Or come up with a new design on Builder.

Nothing wrong with Flexx though. If you're not in the mood to tinker then stay with what you have.

Brett
Personal Site: BrettWeaver.com| Biz Site: Real Estate Photography

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users