pre purchase question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_gpanek_*

Guest_gpanek_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:56 PM

I have been making websites with dreamweaver for many years. Because clients nowadays are asking for CMS I figure its about time to learn and do sites in WP. I now have a new client which I could use WP on, it would be my first WP project. I have read the dummies book and looked at many of your videos. Question is which one of your many products would you recommend? builder, flex, individual themes, total access?? I am a bit overwelmed as to which package to focus on. I am not really interested in blogs, i am interested in making dynamic websites. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Edited by gpanek, 21 January 2011 - 09:57 AM.

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 28,690 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:18 PM

Hi,

I think you should look at a design that you (or rather, your client) fancies. The more recent iThemes themes are much less "straightforward weblogs" but more geared towards CMS functionality.

Builder is probably not the best starting point when starting out with WordPress, Flexx however offers a variety of designs, is configurable and equipped with plenty of features (e.g. image rotator, feedburner subscription forum, Billboard plugin) and a lot of flex (obviously) and is easy to master.

And of course we are here on the forum to help out with most of the issues that you may encounter, but do note that we are not here to teach WordPress from scratch. We offer technical support for our products, and help with basic customisations, tips and tricks.

Let us know if you have any other questions,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_gpanek_*

Guest_gpanek_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:38 PM

Hmmm not sure I understand how this works. I see there is a response from Ronald on this post, but can't seem to get to it. Help!

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 28,690 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:00 PM

Can you not see the post above your latest one? (http://ithemes.com/forum/index.php?/topic/10893-pre-purchase-question/#p50962)

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 Guest_gpanek_*

Guest_gpanek_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:51 PM

Now its there.

thanks, I will take a look at the Flex package and see if that would work. However, I do want this to be something that I use going forward on many sites. ie; I am migrating from dreamweaver to WP platform that I can become comfortable with and do anything with, so I am thinking for the long run, builder might serve my needs better.

#6 Sridhar Katakam

Sridhar Katakam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • 22,258 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:20 PM

If you want to get a feel of Builder, go through

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tYclZGMXrA

http://ithemes.com/ithemes-builder-basics-free-online-workshop/

http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Builder_Documentation