Changed my wp-admin permissions, now Admin styles lost?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 valerama

valerama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:53 PM

Of course, like most everyone else, I had to change the wp-admin permissions back to 755 to make it accessible. Once done apparently my css for the admin area is kaput. The framework is there, but not the colors or backgrounds. Any suggestions?

Posted Image
Valerie Cudnik
1508 Percheron Ct.
Chesapeake, VA 23322-1928
(757) 271-4602
cdgwebdesign.com

Posted Image

Website Design | Printing | Graphic Design
Connect with me online at:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

A woman-owned small business (SWaM: 685565)

#2 valerama

valerama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:38 PM

Just a follow-up... it was either computer or browser trouble, once I restarted it all went back to normal.
Valerie Cudnik
1508 Percheron Ct.
Chesapeake, VA 23322-1928
(757) 271-4602
cdgwebdesign.com

Posted Image

Website Design | Printing | Graphic Design
Connect with me online at:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

A woman-owned small business (SWaM: 685565)

#3 jkinley

jkinley

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Exchange - Stripe
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:35 PM

I too would like to know why serverbuddy's Security Check feature puts a warning on File Permissions for WP-Admin? By default the folder is set to 755 and SB tells me it needs to be 644. So, trusting SB, I update the permissions on the Wp-Admin folder. Now, I have no access to WP-Admin. After hours of troubleshooting, I just replaced my WHOLE WP-Admin folder. Now my admin panel works again, but no thanks at all to SB. What is the meaning of this? Why would you make a tool that suggests us doing something that wrecks our site?

How did I get into this mess? I am glad you asked. Well, I wanted to buy Backup Buddy. Then I saw that I should use SBto see if my server would work with BB. Then I saw the security test and blew up my site before I ever had a chance to USE BB. Is it me, or is this just a bit ironic?

FYI: I bought Backup Buddy anyway. What can I sayâI want to trust you with my data. I sure hope my first run with BB is better than my first experience with SB.

JK

#4 Josh

Josh

Ithemes Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, BackupBuddy, Flexx
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:46 PM

hmm that is odd. I did not develop it but i think that is what the wordpress codex used to recommend some time ago. We are actually in the middle of revamping it with correct information and better testing. Thanks for reporting this.

Regards

Josh
Hey if you haven't looked at the iThemes codex check it out here!
There are some plugin walkthrough videos on our youtube channel check it out!