Bought Flexx, think I may want Builder instead

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Linda_*

Guest_Linda_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:26 PM

I went ahead and bought the Flexx theme last night and I do like it but am now
wondering if I should have bought the Builder theme instead. Is the
Builder theme just point and click on changing colors and fonts on the
navigation bars and sidebar headings (was directed to a video and know the answer to this part?) Does the Builder theme have a
rotating header option? Or, if not, how simple is it to do a rotating
area within the body or widget areas? I notice this on some of the
showcase sites people are displaying in the forum.

On another note, if I sell any sites I make, what will the buyer need to do? Are they charged to use the theme?

If I do decide to switch to builder immediately,can I just buy it and pay the difference or get a refund on the gently used Flexx I just purchased?

Thanks,

Linda

#2 Sridhar Katakam

Sridhar Katakam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:41 PM

Is the Builder theme just point and click on changing colors and fonts on the navigation bars and sidebar headings

Mostly yes, using Style Manager plugin (free w/ Builder). However, for certain child themes, styles of few elements like changing sidebar heading text color via Style Manager might not work. In such cases we are here to help provide you the needed CSS code to be added to style.css to make it work.

Does the Builder theme have a rotating header option? Or, if not, how simple is it to do a rotating area within the body or widget areas? I notice this on some of the showcase sites people are displaying in the forum.

Rotating Images plugin is also free w/ Builder. It lets you easily create a group having the images that you would like to rotate and adds it own widget at Appearance -> Widgets. A simple drag and drop in your desired widget section is all it takes.

if I sell any sites I make, what will the buyer need to do? Are they charged to use the theme?

You are free to sell the site using any theme from iThemes. There is no extra charge for you or the buyer. But you should not be sharing your iThemes.com member area login info with them - meaning, the buyers will not have access to the support forum and theme, plugin upgrades.

If I do decide to switch to builder immediately,can I just buy it and
pay the difference or get a refund on the gently used Flexx I just
purchased?

Please mail sales@iThemes.com regarding this.