8 replies to this topic

#1 Richard Weaving

Richard Weaving

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 04:15 PM

Hi
Here is my new Ithems Blog   http://www.BeststockTradesBlog.com

Ant suggestions for improvem would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Richard M Weaving

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,904 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:03 AM

Hi
looks good,
however, since you asked for it
- do you really want to load almost 500KB of background image where only 5% of it is visible?
- and, for the social links settings, the icons are very small. The Billboard plugin is included with Flexx, and may offer a better presentation.
But these are just suggestions for improvement, not real issues,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 ninjarob

ninjarob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:15 PM

I see where you're trying to go with your site...but it just seems too busy.  Maybe simplifying it by maximizing your widget section would clean it up.  Also, your header could use custom text and more images with higher resolution to prevent it from looking pixelated.
Just some thoughts, but i definitely see your site getting better as you progress.

#4 wildambitions

wildambitions

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:04 PM

Too much flash for my personal taste. Slow down the image rotation and fade for longer time, it won't distract as much.
I don't care for the background image as it also distracts from the content too.
I would say, however… it is a great start. Keep going.

Edited by Kerry Carron, 25 January 2010 - 02:54 PM.

WordPress | Builder & Child Themes | Web Design & Development | Business Development | Internet Marketing | Social Media | SEO

Get 1-on-1 Training or Site Design/Development From Kerry  The Ultimate Solution

Join the Online Work Network for Web Professionals

#5 Guest_Richard Weaving_*

Guest_Richard Weaving_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:04 PM

Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk   I took off the background image, even though I liked it Posted Image
And I slowed down the image rotation.
Now I hope the Blog doesn't look to bland......

#6 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 29,904 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:15 AM

Hi,
I think it's an improvement, much easier on the eyes!
Ronald

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#7 wildambitions

wildambitions

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:21 PM

Much less distracting. A BIG improvement. Try a gradient background using colors grabbed from you navbar or lighter colors of the same hue. It will take away that "bland" feeling that you think might be there. Again, just MY opinion... yours (or your client's) is what really matters.

Edited by Kerry Carron, 27 January 2010 - 03:23 PM.

WordPress | Builder & Child Themes | Web Design & Development | Business Development | Internet Marketing | Social Media | SEO

Get 1-on-1 Training or Site Design/Development From Kerry  The Ultimate Solution

Join the Online Work Network for Web Professionals

#8 Guest_Richard Weaving_*

Guest_Richard Weaving_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:37 PM

Thanks for the Critiques Posted Image

Now that I took the out the background picture, I'm trying to figure out how to make the Home Page go from Narrow to Wide. I can easily do so on the Pages, but it the WP doesn't give the option to do so on the Home/Page only the additional pages. ((((  Help )))))  L.O.L.

#9 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 29,904 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:48 PM

Hi,
I answered that in your other post Posted Image
Ronald

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users