Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Change Background Color in Tabber. (FLEXX Professional)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Vernon L Mahler

Vernon L Mahler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:56 PM

http://www.howtodefinelove.com

Sorry to bother you. Though it may well be posted already, I've searched all over and can't find an answer. For Builder, yes, but not FLEXX.

By trial and error I've figured out some of it, but just can't seem to put it together.

I'd like the tabs as well as the entire body content box to be the same background color.  (Probably c6c6ff) Is it possible to revise the existing very dark tab color, as well?) I'd also like to make the font bold in all tabs.

I tried the Builder directions you offered another client on my FLEXX. When I wrote the name 'yellow' the tabs turned yellow, (not the existing dark part) but when I wrote a color 'number' in that space nothing changed. Are numbers not accepted? Tried - sorry.

NOTE: Don't take your time to explain the details - You've got enough to do. With my current lack of developmental knowledge it would likely be a fair waste of your time.

Thank you in advance!

V

Edited by Vernon L Mahler, 20 March 2011 - 08:25 PM.

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,775 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:41 PM

Hi,

when adding hex colour codes, they need to be preceded by a # symbol, so e.g.

color: #c6c6ff;

or

background-color: #000;
hope that clarifies,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Vernon L Mahler

Vernon L Mahler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:00 PM

Thank you for your help !

The only thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to change the background color behind the 'Thinking' Tab to #D5D7E8. But, no big deal - my hair might begin to grow again.

As always â Thank you for all your help !

V

Edited by Vernon L Mahler, 21 March 2011 - 04:44 PM.

#4 sridhar

sridhar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:18 PM

Can you please let us know where "Thinking" tab is at http://www.howtodefinelove.com/

#5 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,775 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:59 AM

Hi,

to change the background colour of the active tab (is that is what you are referring to), add the following code to the end of your themes stylesheet style.css:

#tabber_widget-10-content ul li a.selected {
background-color: #e1771e !important; <=== use your preferred colour
}

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#6 Vernon L Mahler

Vernon L Mahler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:08 AM

Thank you Ronald and Sridhar !

Sorry for the delay in responding - a situation regarding a surprise pending death in the extended family.

The aspect of this discussion about Tabber is now taken care of. Thanks, again.

ANOTHER PROBLEM: For some reason each of my four sites through Host Gator went somewhat awash all in one night. Two of the sites I hadn't even been on that day. The fonts on each site changed sizes and colors with no regularity to the changes. Everything is sporadic. In any case, I'm currently awaiting word from the tech people at Host Gator to see what they have to say on the subject. If
they cannot help, I'll contact you on the regular forum for FLEXX.

Other than that, this Tabber question is resolved.

Thanks, again,

V